Wednesday, October 14, 2015

DevBlog - Update to UI, continuing to move forward

Well hello again!

Hope you guys are having a great October, things are flying by on my end, so many different things going on... so little time! Been quite busy ironing out issues with pieces of UI components that I've had a hard time finding documentation on. Although I was unable to find the documentation, I was able to figure out how to use the outline component on Unity3d, which allows me to give colored tints to alpha'd graphics that I'm importing. This is a great thing, as it will allow us to modify current graphics, verses, having to bring in additional assets if we just want to do a light tint for selection or modification effect.



Beyond this, Matthew and I have had some further discussion on dynamics of upgrade cards, and I've also implemented a new log menu that slides in and out. This menu will give further option for the user to interact with the other player while the game is being played, allow a user to follow up on actions that are being done real-time, and could even include a chat feature at some point.

I will be moving the turn system into a more global system that will allow the user to interact with the cards in different ways with the mouse for selection, open, and deletion, verses move slowly through different phases of the turn. I am also going to be updating the in-hand cards ultimately to be more on a carousel verses just a vertical pane, that will loop as the player interacts, and center the current card selected. Beyond this, I need to get head-deep into starting to develop all the interactions of the cards, as that is a big obstacle to get done for this game to be playable.

Take care!

-Haddy

No comments:

Post a Comment